This post may have affiliate links. That means I may make money if you click on a link and buy. Read my disclosure policy for more information.
It’s a question I am always asked by others. My answer is always a YES! It CAN be done. Will it be easy? No! Will it be worthwhile? Oh yes!! I will help you through this blog on what works and what won’t work. I will be sharing my Favorite Tools to homeschool while working a job. No matter if you work at home or away from home or part-time job or full-time job, I will have answers for you on how it can be done. Trust me it can be done. It’s a hard road to be one which I have to be up front with you on this. Its hard but totally worth it. 100% worth it!! I want to start off giving you my top 10 reasons to give homeschooling a try even though you are working a job. Here are my top 10 reasons to homeschool:
- Happy kids! Yes, your kids will be very happy to be with you and learning along with you. It will inspire them to learn on their own. Encourage independence in their life and school work. They will be happy because they will be in a safe environment at home and co-op.
- You will have vast resources at your fingertip with homeschooling. There are co-ops, online classes, community outreach plus colleges….many more. I will be talking about those coming up soon. You and your kids can learning anything in today’s times because of technology. This is the prime time to homeschool even while working a job.
- Your children can learn at their own pace and interest. Do they want to learn about trees? There are many options in learning about trees. Plus many more subject matter that is available at our fingertips.
- Your kids will draw closer to you and your spouse because of homeschooling. I believe it fosters a good family relationship as it did in my family.
- Your kids can possibly start college earlier while homeschooling. We did this with two older kids. No regrets!! It was a great experience for them. I felt very comfortable with this because they were still in my care while going to college to take 2-3 classes a semester. I will be exploring this much more in the coming months.
- Your kids will be educated in a safe environment. This was one of the reasons why we homeschooled our kids. Even if you are working away from them they still are in a safer environment.
- Freedom of teaching religion to your kids. You can have a class called Bible. You can teach sensitive subjects within your control such as teaching evolution/creationism the way you want to.
- Your children will be able to socialize with all ages much easier while homeschooling. They will have more practice talking to 0 to 100+ folks. That is one thing that I notice in homeschooled kids….their ability to talk to anybody with no issues. That is a huge plus!!
- With you working a job whether its working at home or away from home, your children will be more independent with their education and develop a responsibility of their own education.
- Most of all, you are in charge of their education. You are your kid’s best advocate. There are many more reasons to homeschool.
With all that said, why not homeschool? You might say…I work a job so I can’t. YES, you can!!! I work a job and still homeschool. Btw, did I say it was going to be easy?? NOPE! However there are tools and helps available no matter where you are located. I homeschooled my kids for about 20 years. In that time span I worked a job either part time or full time. I graduated two kids already. The oldest graduated from Kelly School of Business (IUPUI), my 2nd son is now at IUPUI, and I am still homeschooling the last student.
Stick around with me. I will have a continuing series on how you can accomplish homeschooling while working. Comment below if you have any specific questions about homeschooling and working.